Project Supervisor Design Process
Project Supervisor Design Process is a vital part of construction. Research done by the H.S.A. has shown that on 45% of sites where a fatality has occurred, the clients had failed in their duties to appoint a PSDP or a Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) for the Project. Research also shows that 25% of construction accidents were related to omissions or failures to address Health & Safety issues, prior to the start of the Construction Stage.
Under the Safety, Health and Welfare (Construction) Regulations 2013 duties and responsibilities have been placed on the Project Supervisor Design Process in order to improve the health and safety in the construction industry by engaging all the participants in a project from conception to completion.
The Safety Solutions Group can provide the independent safety expertise and competence to assist designers, architects, project managers, property developers etc, in fulfilling the PSDP and PSDP Co-ordinator roles. Through our expertise we can ensure that:
- Designers comply with their duties – particularly in respect to the avoidance and reduction of risk while adhering to the General Principles of Prevention
- Clients are fulfilling their duty by successfully determining the competence of Designers and the PSCS while sufficiently allocating resources
- The Preliminary Health and Safety Plan is prepared in a timely manner so that it can be used by the PSCS in preparation of their Construction Stage Health & Safety Plan
- The project is notified to the HSA
- The Safety File is prepared and promptly delivered to the Client at the end of the project
To date we have acted as PSDP on various projects throughout the country, these projects have varied in value from €10k to €28m. Some of our clients to date include the Department of Education & Skills, Health Service Executive, Huawei, Limerick City and County Council, Slieve Russell Hotel, Carroll Estates, Hollybrook Homes, Jackie Greene Construction, Birchwell Developments.
We can provide the Safety File in hard or soft copy, however we have found that many of our Clients benefit greatly from having the file delivered in electronic format. We have developed tried and tested formats for a wide variety of project types, which can be quickly tailored to an individual Client’s needs and project requirements.
For free initial consultation on how to comply with the H.S.A. Guidelines to identify your duties under SHWW Construction Regs 2013 in relation to PSDP / PSDP Co-ordinator duties please email us email@example.com or call 01 835 4084.
Safety Solutions Group