Food Safety (HACCP) 1 – Online Course
If you or your staff need a Food Safety (HACCP) Course for:
Our online Food Safety course is the perfect choice for you
The course designed to introduce participants to food safety and hygiene issues. It is based on the training criteria set down by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland’s Guide to Food Safety Training Level 1.
On completion of this food safety training course, participants will be able to understand their requirements under Irish food safety legislation as well as following best work practices.
Duration Approx.: 2-4 hours of duration
Who should take this course?
The Food Safety course covers the legal requirements of what staff are required to know before they start handling food in your premises. This course is ideal for those:
- With no previous experience
- With light food handling duties
- Performing low-risk duties – Training delivery
- The course is delivered fully online with estimated 2–4 hours total study time
What will you learn?
By the end of this course, anybody who undertakes the module will:
- Understand the importance of good food hygiene and recognise the various different types of health issues that poor food hygiene may cause.
- Be able to identify the various different types of food safety hazards and know what – to do to prevent them from putting food at risk.
- Be in a position to maintain good standards of personal hygiene so that you can – prevent food from getting contaminated.
- Understand why thorough cleaning and proper waste management is important.
- Understand how to carry out effective cleaning activities.
- Understand what the legislation is around food hygiene and you need to comply with the regulations.
So how does it work?
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know whether you have passed. If you don’t pass don’t worry, you can take the test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
Upon successful completion, the student will receive Food Safety (HACCP) Level 1 Certificate through your learning portal instantly. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit. Cert valid from 2 up to 5 years depending on nature of business, staff performance and local requirements.