Food Safety (HACCP) 2 – Online Course
If you or your staff need a Food Safety (HACCP) Course for:
Our online Food Safety course is the perfect choice for you.
Our Food Safety course is designed to introduce participants to food safety and hygiene issues. It is based on the training criteria set down by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland’s Guide to Food Safety Training at Level 2.
There is a legal requirement – Regulation (EC) 852/2004 that all food handlers undertake food safety training commensurate with their duties.
On completion of this food safety training course, participants will be able to understand their requirements under Irish food safety legislation as well as following best work practices.
Duration Approx.: 6-8 hrs
Who should do this course?
This course is intended for those who have responsibility for managing food safety or who are involved in food preparation, service, food handling and storage and who have already completed Food Safety at Level 1 training. It is ideal also for those working in professional kitchens, hotels, canteens, nursing homes, hospitals, delicatessens, restaurants, childcare, as well as food producers.
What will you learn on this course?
By the end of this course, anybody who undertakes this module will:
- Understand the importance of good food hygiene and recognise the various different types of health issues that poor food hygiene may cause.
- Be able to identify the various different types of food safety hazards and know what to do to prevent them from putting food at risk.
- Be in a position to maintain good standards of personal hygiene so that you can prevent food from getting contaminated.
- Understand why thorough cleaning and proper waste management is important.
- Understand how to carry out effective cleaning activities.
- Understand what the legislation is around food hygiene and you need to comply with the regulations.
- Understand the principles and implantation of a HACCP program.
So how does it work?
The online assessment is taken on completion of each module. You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark at 80%. The answers are marked automatically so you will instantly know if you have passed. If you don’t pass on your first try, no need to worry. You can take the course as many times as you want with no extra charge applied.
Food safety training should form part of a good food safety management system. Training alone should not be substitute for active monitoring and involvement from management.
Upon successful completion, the student will receive Food Safety (HACCP) Level 2 Certification, downloadable from their learners account. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit. Cert valid from 2 up to 5 years depending on nature of business, staff performance and local requirements.